Saturday, February 2, 2013

Big girl!

It seems like KayLeigh is growing up so quickly lately. Her vocabulary is growing so much everyday, and she is learning new things all the time. She is going to be 2 and a half next month, and it really does seem like she was just as tiny as Raigan. I know everyone says that, but it really is true! I can't believe how quickly time is going by. 
Tonight is her first night in her big girl bed! Well, it's still her crib... but we took the side off. I was planning on keeping her locked away in the crib for as long as possible, and up until this morning she hadn't tried to climb out. But I guess she got tired of waiting for us to wake up because she climbed right out , and was yelling for me in the hallway this morning! Just about gave me a heart attack, because the gate wasn't up on the stairs! So I took the side off her crib, since she's going to get out anyways, might as well make it so she can get back in, and not hurt herself when she tries to fling herself over the side lol. We skipped nap today, but she was very excited talking about her big girl bed, and kept asking to go night night. when I finally read her a book and tucked her in, she seemed a little bit nervous, and I was too honestly. I love to see her grow up, and I know that this is just a small taste of the growing she is going to do, but it made me a little sad. My baby is getting so big! 
I found myself wishing that Raigan would hurry up and get big the other night, when she was screaming and wouldn't sleep in her crib... but tonight I was reminded of how quickly it is going to go by, and I'm going to try harder to enjoy my little bitty Raigan, because she'll be as big as KayLeigh before I know it!!!

Kay is also making really good progress towards being potty trained, finally lol. I've tried several times before, but I guess she just wasn't ready, because this time it is sticking. She spends most of the day in undies, except when we leave the house, and for naps and bedtime. She doesn't have very many accidents, which is awesome, and our next step is going to be venturing out of the house in underwear... which I am not ready for, haha! My goal is to have her at least 100% potty trained for day time by May, when we go visit my parents, it would be awesome to only have to pack a few diapers for night time for her! 

Other exciting news, she can start preschool next month. I have a bunch of paperwork to fill out, then she can go! I want her to go, so she can make friends and learn new things, but I am going to miss her! 

We have to go to Brussels next week, to apply for Raigan's passport and US birth certificate. We used to be able to do it on base here, but they changed everything around, so that is probably going to be a loooooong day. 

Raigan is two months old, and is mastering tummy time. She can lift her chest off the ground and likes to watch kay run around, or look at pictures in a book while she's hanging out. I think she has some sort of milk intolerance, she does not do well when I eat cheese, or drink milk. She was a VERY grumpy baby for the first month, but she has gotten much happier lately :) coos, and smiles are always nice, it makes the morning much better when her and Kay start it WAY too early!! 

I guess this post is a little bit scattered, but I've been writing it and trying to get it posted for a few days, haha. so FINALLY....here is an update :) love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to get caught up in the "I can't wait until. . ." but it's so hard. I'm so excited for everything they do but I need to enjoy the moment too! Hooray for Kay bug getting potty trained!

    ReplyDelete